Content | Menu | Autres menus ?

Université de Picardie Jules Verne

Administrative procedures

You are here : Accueil > CAMPUS LIFE > Settling in Amiens > Administrative procedures

When you arrive in Amiens, you will have to finalise or initiate certain administrative procedures very quickly.

You are a student

University registration

- If you are an exchange student: please read the information sent to you by email before your arrival and contact the DRI :
- If you are a student without an exchange programme: go to the registration channels and to the "Welcome to France" one-stop shop, open between September and October each year. Contact :

The "Welcome to France" one-stop shop will help you with various procedures: joining the social security system, validating your visa, obtaining the Visale guarantee for housing, entering your accommodation, applying for housing benefit (CAF), opening a bank account.

Payment of the Student Life and Campus Contribution

All students in initial training at a higher education institution must obtain, prior to registration, a certificate of payment of the Student Life and Campus Contribution (CVEC), by payment or exemption.

Students on exchange programmes (or under bilateral agreements) are exempt, but must apply for the CVEC certificate which will allow them to register at the university.

Link to Tuition fees page

Social security affiliation

Except in specific cases (link to the Insurances page of Prepare your stay), you must be affiliated to the French public health system.

Visit the dedicated website

Validation of your visa

If you are a student from a non-EU country and you arrived with a long-stay visa validating your residence permit (VLS-TS): you must validate your visa upon arrival.

The validation is done online, on this dematerialised platform :

Obtaining your VISALE housing guarantee

A financial guarantee is required to rent accommodation in France (link to the Accomodation page of Prepare your stay).

If you are under 31 and do not have a physical guarantor in the euro zone, go to to register and benefit from a free guarantee. You will obtain a VISALE certificate to present to the CROUS or your landlord.

If you are over 31, you will need a physical guarantor who will commit to paying your rent if you are unable to do so. Alternatively, you can find paying guarantors by searching for 'paying guarantor' on search engines.

Entering your home

- You have been allocated CROUS accommodation (you have received an allocation notification): you can pay for your reservation online or directly at the CROUS Amiens-Picardie cash desk.

In order to collect your keys, go to the CROUS Amiens-Picardie, with your VISALE certificate if you are concerned. You will be given an inventory of fixtures by a CROUS agent.

- If you live in private accommodation: contact the owner and follow the same procedure.

Application for housing assistance (CAF)

As soon as you have your signed rental contract (with the CROUS or a private landlord), you can start your application for housing assistance.

You will be asked to fill in a form and to provide proof of your situation :

- a legible copy of both sides of your national identity card, passport or birth certificate, or a copy of your valid residence permit in other cases
- a bank statement (RIB), postal statement (RIP) or savings statement (RICE), made out in your name;
- the rent or residence certificate, attached to your application, completed, dated and signed by the owner or manager of the home
- a valid e-mail address
- the information on your visa
- your date of arrival in France
- your residential address in France
- a payment card to pay the residence permit fee online

It is possible to do this online with the help of DRI staff or at the Welcome to France one-stop shop.

Opening a bank account

Our partner bank branches are present at the one-stop shop. You will be able to open an account there provided that you supply :

  • A copy of your identity document
  • A certificate of residence 
  • A certificate of enrolment or admission to your course

You are a teacher-researcher

Contact the EURAXESS service centre of the UPJV directly via the address :

Or go to 11 rue des Francs Mûriers in Amiens!

The EURAXESS Service Centre staff will help you to finalise your procedures. (link to EURAXESS page)

The UPJV's Euraxess desk to help you with
Validation of your visa

If you are from a non-EU country, you must have a VISA "Passeport Talent Chercheur" in order to work in France. (link to VISAS page)

Opening a bank account

The UPJV has partnerships with some bank branches.

Housing and liability insurance

To be covered in case of an incident in your home or caused to third parties, you need to take out home insurance, as well as third-party insurance (which often goes hand in hand with home insurance). You can take out this insurance with the bank where you are going to open your bank account, or with an insurer.

Ne pas modifier cette zone.


Top of the page