Content | Menu | Autres menus ?

Université de Picardie Jules Verne

Housing assistance (CAF)

You are here : Accueil > TRAINING > Apply > Finance your stay > Housing assistance (CAF)

The French government provides financial aid for housing to people with low incomes, subject to certain conditions. This housing assistance, which is available to internationals, is paid by the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF) (Family Allowances Find). 

International students and staff are eligible for housing benefit. It can be paid :

  • for accommodation in a university residence
  • for a flat or house rented from a private landlord
The allocation of housing benefit is not automatic. You must meet the means test set by the CAF and apply online at the CAF website, attaching a list of documents, including :

  • Proof of identity (national identity card or passport)
  • Your birth certificate with a certified translation into French

If you are a citizen of the European Union

  • proof of registration at the University
  • your European Health Insurance Card

If you are non-European

  • a residence permit valid for at least the duration of your academic year
  • proof of registration with the student social security system
After studying your application, if you are entitled to it, the CAF will pay you your grant within 3 months, the amount of which is calculated according to your family and financial situation.

Please note! This benefit is not retroactive. You are strongly advised to apply as soon as possible, even if your residence permit has not yet been validated.

Please note !

The CAF website is only available in French. When you arrive in France, our teams will help you with this process :

  • If you are an exchange student, contact our mobility advisors :

  • If you are an individual mobility student, you can get help from the advisors at the "Welcome to France" one-stop reception desk. This is held every academic year between September and October. Contact :

  • If you are a teacher-researcher in mobility, our Euraxess Centre (link) will help you with this process. Contact :

Ne pas modifier cette zone.


Top of the page